Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Very Sad Week-

August 7 will be forever etched into my mind as a sad day. Penny, Sam, and I stopped by after church to say hi to Nana and Papa-then Penny and I came back around 3:00 that afternoon to sit with them some more. I am forever grateful for the time we had with him that day. We took him to the hospital that night around 6:00 and Nana kissed him goodnight and told him to get some rest around 11:00.... Now there is no more cancer, no more hurting, and there is sure no more pain where he is. We are the ones left with the sadness. He fought for so long- that is what you call a HERO.



The days following were spent with family and friends - I heard so many amazing stories about him and not one did not put a smile on my face and make me so proud that I have had a chance to be around him and call him my father -n-law for eleven years. He treated me like one of his own.



The funeral was perfect - more of a celebration of his LIFE. This is what Shawn said about his dad- (he wrote this after leaving the hospital early Monday morning to all his buddies)



Last night at 11:30 I lost my best friend, my Hero, and most importantly my dad. After a 3 year battle with cancer it was finally good to see him at peace and in no pain. It was a special moment because just 45 minutes before he passed away, he took my hand and told he loved me and to "take care of mom" . Thank you to for all the prayers and well wishes over the past few years, and most of all, thanks for being a friend.

No comments: