Sunday, May 10, 2009

Steeple Chase 8K

Well my post are usually not about me- but this one is. I ran in my first race yesterday, the Steeple Chase 8K (for non runners that is almost 5 mile- and I am sure not saying that I am). It was sponsored my our church and my sister and brother -n-law were in charge of it. Shawn helped them along with lots of volunteers. They were raising money for the NCC, which a great organization that works very hard in our community. I thought this would be a great starting spot for my running. The race started at 7:00am. I ran the race in 48:52- which was great for my first race.

I love this picture- seeing everyone cheering me on at the finish line

Thanks Morgan for being my running buddy!! She did great - 46 mintues and 2nd in her age group!! Also thanks to Paige- she got me from mile 3 to the finish line - I could not have done this without these two people.

Yes- crazy as it may seem - kinda looking forward to another race !!!

1 comment:

Morgan Coulter said...

Love it!!! Thanks for including me on your blog! I have had a blast running with you and getting to know you these last couple of months! I am excited to read that you want to keep it up!