Sam was so excited about going to school on Monday. If only everyday was as easy to get him out of bed and dressed as on this day (life would be great). 
We dropped off Penny and headed on to his new school for the year Benjamin Davis. As we were driving Sam told me he was a little nervous (if he only knew HOW nervous his mommy was).
Then we parked to go in - he looked at me and said" You are not going in with me I'm in 1st grade" ha you think that stopped me. He was really not happy when I opened the front door to get my camera- I told him only once will you start first grade and I am going to be there -sorry!

After dropping both kids off at school, it was a lot different for me than ever before. Instead of going back to school and being a teacher I came home and was a stay at home mom- I cleaned the house, sat out by the pool, enjoyed computer time, and watched the clock till it was time for me to go and pick them up- Sam had a GREAT day and can not wait to go back again!!
We went to his room,
Miss. Ducker was there greeting us all and showing all the first graders where to put their backpacks and lunch boxes. It was so fun to watch him walk around his new classroom.
I knew I had to leave but it was so hard - wished I could have stayed at the door all day and
just watched him.
After dropping both kids off at school, it was a lot different for me than ever before. Instead of going back to school and being a teacher I came home and was a stay at home mom- I cleaned the house, sat out by the pool, enjoyed computer time, and watched the clock till it was time for me to go and pick them up- Sam had a GREAT day and can not wait to go back again!!
2 comments:
Enjoy the time while you can. Sounds like you had a good day alone also. Enjoy the stress-free time because you will probably be right back into it before long!!!
so glad sam had such a good first day! i love all the pictures...it's going to be a fun year!
Post a Comment