Tuesday, November 3, 2009

After the Parties

we had all our bags packed - Sam and Penny were heading to Nana and Papa's for the night. While Shawn and I headed to Florence. He was running in with a few other of his running buddies.
We thought it would be much easier on us if we went the night before- which was really nice (since I could not tell you when we have done anything by our self). We picked up Shawn's packet and went to our hotel - then off for a nice dinner ALONE!!

Up bright and early the next morning- We made it to the Marriott around 6:30 ready for the day (hoping it is going to stop raining). I decided to run in the 5K while Shawn was doing his 1/2. The race started around 8 and about ten minutes after that my race was under way.(my race time- 28:46). I also won second place in my age group WOO HOOO!!! Yes I am very proud of my trophy!!


Shawn was hoping to have a PR (personal record) on running his 1/2- YEAH!! He did it in 1:49- that is super!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Way to go, Cheryl! You have really done great with that, haven't you???