Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Cookies

Every year I say I am going to attempt to cook my mothers two cookie recipes, but for the last few years slice and bake has served the purpose. Well this year was going to be different - when Patton and Smith came over (while they had a running group party) I had everything ready to start the Peanut Butter cookies. The four kids help with the peanut butter dough irolling into balls and then using a fork to flatten them for baking. I think there favorite part was using the flour- it seemed to get on them some how????
While we were cooking peanut butter cookies we started our pretzels dipped in white chocolate. The kids added the sprinkles (and they really added sprinkles).
Our last cookie was a tea cake cookie- they loved getting to play with the dough and using cookie cutters.
This was a tradition that I will never forget while I was younger and I hope to continue it with my children each Christmas season.
Picnik collage

No comments: