Christmas Eve is a very special night at our church- we have a candlelight service that I love to go to every year(Jordan and Shawn stayed at Nana and Papa's house- because she has a

on her foot.
I LOVE when we sing Away in the Manger and Silent Night holding our candles high in the air. (Penny had a problem with not understanding WHY she could not take communion- she keep saying out loud "I'm hungry and I'm thirsty- then she kicked several times and then made me spill the grape juice in the palm of my hand. Needless to say at that point I was telling her that Santa was skipping her house. When we left the service we went to Nana and Papa's. For the last two years we have let the cousins draw names and swap presents- this is fun to see what they buy for each other.
Sam gave Patrick a AL shirt and Smith gave Sam AL shirt and nurf gun.

Jordan gave Callie Vera Bradley tech bag; Callie gave Jordan silly socks and silly banz

Penny gave Patton a basketball and Patton gave Penny and bath baby doll and clothes.

Then Nana gave out "Stockings"!!

Right before we sat down to eat supper Jordan wrote the "blessing" for all the cousins to say- it was beautiful. Penny even was invovled (she got very upset when her paper only had one word on it Amen so Aunt Michelle had to write a "big" part to make her happy).

As Sam says "Now for the good part" present time-




(items to remember: Jordan- Vera Bradley lunch box, Vera Bradley purse; Sam- energy necklace, Wii game; Penny- room stuff, baby drink a bottle.
The weather had gotten really bad with high winds and a down pour- I was soaking wet putting all our presents in the car (it was pretty fun watching Shawn helping Jordan get to the car -we tied a garbage bag around her leg just so it would not get wet.
At home we fixed Santa his cookies and milk and left food for the reindeer. Now time for BED!!
No comments:
Post a Comment