Monday, July 21, 2008

The Best Trip Ever!!



Our "Smith" family took a beach trip to Destin this past week.



I have never had as much fun on a trip as I did this one. The kids were great- they had so much fun at the pool and Shawn even seemed to have fun and (even went to the beach).
Spending time with family is so important and it seems that life always gets in the way, but time seemed to stop on this trip and nothing was important - just spending time together and it was GREAT. We stayed at Silver Shells, and walked to the Back Porch for dinner 3 nights in a row.


Sam and Shawn built sand castles, wrestled in the water, and even took a hot tub bath with LOTS of bubbles together.


Penny loved the pool and for the first time this summer she put on her floties and swam by herself.

One of the most excited events that happened while on the trip was that Sam lost his First tooth. Our friend Heather Roberts pulled it for him (only 2 yanks). The tooth fairy brought him $6.00 because it was such a good, clean tooth.

I was so sad when Sunday came and I knew it was time to come back home.

1 comment:

Tara said...

All the vacation pictures are so good. Looks like you guys had a awesome time. I too love how when we go on a trip it is like 'time' stops....the magic of vacation :)