Monday, July 13, 2009

Beach Trip

hThe family left out Wednesday morning heading to Destin to stay a few days at Silver Shells. I have been looking forward to this trip ever since we left last year. We arrived around lunch and I quickly made my way to Wal-mart for a few grocery items that we needed for our stay- Shawn keep the kids and headed down to the pool for a quick swim before heading to The Back Porch for dinner. I did not get the shopping finished before I got a call from Shawn and he had BAD news- This is what they found when they went down to swim




Yes the Pool was closed!! Some part of the pool's pumped had went out on Saturday and they were not sure When? it would be fixed-- and if any of you know Shawn (he HATES the sand and beach).



We love to eat at The Back Porch while we are in Destin (maybe cause it is Walking distance)! So our first night we could not wait to walk over and enjoy Mahi Mahi or Amber jack sandwiches.






Thursday was a full day at the beach (pool still closed). Sam and Shawn played all day in the ocean waves - jumping and riding them in and building sand castles for Penny to smash them as soon as Sam would turn around.

Back to The Back Porch for dinner.



Sam tried crab claws (he liked them)

having fun on the playground outside of Backporch






Friday we went to The Track to ride the go-carts (boys vs. girls), bumper boats, and bumper cars this was a fun morning We all had lots of fun! Shawn and Sam rode the BIG race track, Sam thought he was AWESOME. Then we went back to the beach that afternoon till we came up and got dress for dinner at The Crab Trap. (where Sam always gets a tattoo and Penny thought she need one this year) When we got back from dinner we noticed the POOL was open!!! Could not resist letting them have a quick swim!!


Saturday (Shawn let us know real quick Pool all day- no beach) was spent at the pool! Sam made a friend, Dilan, and they played all day long. We walked back to The Back Porch for dinner.



What a great trip with the family- no cares just fun, Family Time!!!

2 comments:

Kate Smith said...

I could just squeeze Pen! She is so darn cute! I really think her accidental haircut turned out for the best! That smile...I could just eat her up!!!!

Beth said...

Glad you had a good time and a safe trip. The water looks so pretty!